We were just informed by Hamburg Sued that the Argentinian Government has announced an Advance Manifest System with the following details:
Effective as from May 28th the government of Argentina has introduced the implementation of the requirement of Advanced Manifest Filing.
The manifests for shipments arriving to any Argentine port must be submitted to the Argentine Customs House 5 days before the vessel arrival.
Those cargoes coming from ports which have short transit times to Argentina are subject to an extended deadline; manifest should be submitted to Argentine Customs before the vessel departure from the Port of Loading.
The present regulation is applicable to:
• All cargo loaded at a foreign port, to be discharged in Argentina for a final destination in Argentina;
• All cargo loaded at a foreign port, to be discharged in Argentina for a final destination (multimodal haulage) in Argentina or any other country.
• All cargo loaded at a foreign port, to be transshipped in an Argentine port for a final destination in Argentina or to any another foreign port.
• All cargo in transit through Argentina, i.e. cargo loaded at a foreign port, to be discharged at another foreign port (FROB – freight on board).
• All cargo loaded in an Argentine Port, to be discharged in Argentina.
• All empty equipment in transit or to be discharged in Argentina.
Amendments to the manifest will be accepted without applications of Customs fines within 24hs before the vessel’s arrival at the discharge port.
Leave us a Reply