Our partners in Bangladesh report as follows:
In continuation, please latest Chittagong port situation as below….
- Situation remains same as Strike going on from yesterday (0600 hrs ) till writing this mail
- A lot of Export containers lying at depots for move out to terminal
- Due to the this reason yesterday , our 2 feeders ( SIN bound : ARCA/004E, left 36 OB laden containers at depots and XPRESS LHOTSE/013S left 20 conts of other carriers except OOCL ) could not load their full projection for Export laden
- In this situation depots also could not pick up empties from terminal to cater their Export bookings , as such Customers are suffering under the situation for their bookings as reason for this movement constrain in both ways ( depot to Port and vice versa) by trailer movers .
- Terminal also being congested by un-stuffed MT containers daily and also by Import laden, which are waiting to move to depots/ Consignee premises for un-stuffing
As on 28/Sep per Terminal’s report, equipment situation lying asf :
In consideration of above , we are expecting our OB lifting for trunk space usage will be severely affected as well as , there will be huge no. of Export container will be shut out from projected feeder due to this movement restriction by Prime movers association.