Customer Advisory: Closure of OOCL Center in Charleston During Hurricane Matthew – Update Thursday October 6, 2016
Please be advised that with immediate effect our OOCL Center in Charleston is temporarily closed as a safety precaution and as a result of state government evacuation orders in the light of the pending arrival of Hurricane Matthew. We anticipate our Charleston office reopening Monday, October 10. During this contingency period our business will be supported through our other USA Centers so as to maintain business as usual.
- All online, EDI, phone and email booking submissions normally processed through our Charleston Center will be re-routed to our other Centers for processing.
- All general and shipment related telephone enquiries which are normally routed to our Charleston Center through our (1) 888 388-6625 number, will be re-routed to our other Centers for handling.
- All documentation-related enquiries which are routed to our Charleston Center through our (1) 800 822-6625 will be re-routed to our other Centers for handling. Customers can also submit requests to our Documentation functional email addresses based on your location;
- All Sales and rate enquiries which are routed to our Charleston Center through our (1) 888 888-6625 will be re-routed to our other Sales Centers for handling.
- All freight, detention, and demurrage checks, and endorsed original bills of lading, which are normally addressed to our Charleston Center should be directed to our North America Corporate Center in Salt Lake City, details of which are provided below.
Our toll free numbers above remain in operation, and calls will be redirected as detailed above. During this period of Hurricane Matthew you are also encouraged to keep track of your shipments using our oocl.com web site.
We will update you further when our Charleston Center reopens.
Please stay safe, and let’s hope for a speedy return to normalcy.
OOCL Customer Service